The sun is out (finally) so its time to… Swing into Spring….. with these
Tree Safety Tips…
Historically Spring has brought with it strong winds in Melbourne, make sure you down get blown away this Spring with our list of:
5 Tree Safety Tips!
Assess your trees at home to see if you notice any changes:
1. Check the base of your trees: is there any cracks on the ground around the base of your trees? Is the ground moving, or heaving (lifting), or are there exposed, cracked or damaged roots, all these things may indicate an unstable tree. Trees that are moving in the ground usually cannot be rectified and will need to be safely removed.
2. Check the canopy of the trees: are there heavy, long branches that are “over-extended”? Are there any cracked, broken or hanging limbs. Are there any dead branches?
3. Have any big changes occurred around the trees or on neighbouring properties? Having sites cleared or trees removed, can alter the local treescape and wind forces can change and wind tunnels can be created that increase wind loads on your trees and in turn lead to broken branches, or uprooting trees.
4. Has any excavation been carried out near your trees, or have any roots been damaged? As well as providing your trees with water and nutrients, roots are essential to anchor trees to the ground. When root damage occurs often we see problems with trees falling over.
5. In the event of strong winds and wind warnings, carry out the following tasks;only if it is safe to do so.
– Secure loose items around your house.
– Park vehicles in garages and under carports where possible
– Keep pets and children indoors.
– If trees do fall, make sure that no live electricity may be on the ground when investigating the damage
– Always call in the experts when cleaning up storm damaged trees.
TREE SAFETY, AND THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY AND HOME IS OUR BIGGEST PRIORITY, IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS CONTACT US and HAVE ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED QUALIFIED ARBORISTS ASSESS YOUR TREES TODAY.
1300 TREEFX (873339) OR email@example.com